Tuesday 29 November 2011

Very Overdue Update...

Hi!
Firstly, apologies for the majorly overdue update... It's been a while, I know.

As I'm sure you're probably aware, Amy and I completed the walk (on 30th August) in just under eight hours, and without sustaining any debilitating injuries (unless you count one blister each...)

Our JustGiving page closes on the 1st December, which means that it's officially closed for donations. 

We've received a certificate from Arthritis Research UK, which is absolutely lovely of them!! 

The big news, however, is that we've managed to raise a massive £461.12!!!!

Which is certainly a lot more than our £150 target! In fact, according to our JustGiving page, we've raised 307% of our target!

When I've got more time, which will probably be over the Christmas holidays, I'll try and post some pictures up of our walk.

So, I'd just like to say thank you to a selection of people on behalf of Amy and myself:
  • Ian Brown and Rita Sparrow (My parents) who helped to raise money, and my Mum was the first person to donate,
  • Clare and Mick McDermott (Amy's Mum and Stepdad) who gave us advice and also donated generously to our cause,
  • Trevor and Joyce Brown (My Grandparents) who raised a substantial amount of the money raised,
  • Amy's grandparents (whose walking advice proved invaluable),
  • Adrian Brown (My Uncle) who planned part of the route and did a large chunk of the walk with us (Friden to Whatstandwell),
  • Arthritis Research UK, who supported us, and genuinely took an interest in how our walk and fundraising went,
  • The volunteers at the Royal Derby Hospital (especially Bren!) who donated generously, were supportive and took an interest in the walk,
  • Prim, (Amy's dog) who did most of the walk with us (and loved every second of it!),
  • And lastly, everyone who donated! You're all lovely, and we sincerely appreciate the fact that you felt compelled to support us!
Thank you! And you never know, next year, we might be up to something else... ;)